Saturday, September 22, 2012

Rock-A-Hoola

September 17, 2012     Backlogged Post

This is the turnstile entrance of an abandoned water park called Rock-A-Hoola.


I have been in love with this location for about a year now. I have photographed here once before, some of the shots from this other shoot can be found in my post Location Shoots and Abandoned Buildings here(see also the list of posts to the right) During that shoot I only had a point and shoot camera with me. This time I took a Canon 7D and the difference in image quality is amazing. This place is crazy, it really seems like the owners just locked up one day and never returned. There are receipts all over the floor in the office, strewn about by vandals. The desks, filing cabinets and phones are still there. The first time I visited there were still cash registers in the food areas. It's an eerie location, and right up my alley.


Acid Sand



Gift Shop Floor (below)


Dead trees surround the water park.


The dried up, muck filled kiddie pool.


Cracking mud at the bottom of what would have been one of the large water slides.


This was at the bottom of one of the pools. (below)


No comments:

Post a Comment