Saturday, September 22, 2012

Lake Dolores

September 7, 2012    Backlogged Post

This is an HDR of a building along the now dry area known as Lake Dolores.



On my way to Las Vegas, during my recent trip, I drove up the 15 freeway from California to Nevada. Along the 15 there are a number of failed and abandoned businesses and homes. I really love to explore these places, see the rot and decay. I think that the only time those two words are beautiful is when they apply to a man made structure. There is something so undefinable about nature taking back an area, just taking over and destroying what man has built and then left behind. This single structure really appealed to me because of all the exposed wood framing.


The Interior
I was struck by the way the surroundings really bled into the house through the broken and crumbling walls.


Below you can see a dock that would have lead out to the lake. (left side of the photo)


In this post I included some older work at this location.


No comments:

Post a Comment