Friday, September 21, 2012

Bowling Alley Engagement Shoot

August 16, 2012  Backlogged Post

This great couple, Christy and Daniel, contacted me about doing their engagement photos. I was of course very excited! After some discussion we decided to do the shoot at a bowling alley because its a sport that they enjoy doing together. Christy and I both started scouting a location and seperately happened to decided on going with Concourse Bowl in Anaheim, Ca. The Special Events Director, Beau Randles, was so helpful - he even went so far as to have a lane turned on for our use during the shoot free of charge. I'm very happy with the way the shoot turned out, the jewel tones in the majority of the photos really appeal to me. I'm looking forward to doing engagement shoots in the future, especially themes.




The bowling alley had these great red velvet curtains hanging from the ceiling to seperate lanes for private parties, they made for a wonderful backdrop.





I love the peek-a-boo bowling pins in the photo below.



These following shots were taken inside the bowling alley's bar, the lighting wasn't favorable so they are grainy. It was very important to the couple that we get photos that incorporate their signature drinks, it made the shoot more personal and customized.




No comments:

Post a Comment